Translate

12/2/19

Whose Coming To Your Door


I watched a movie almost 30 years ago. I want to share the theme of that movie to make a point I think Christians need to hear. In the movie, there was a small dog that was struck by a car. As it lay by the side of the road, a doctor drove by. He noticed that the dog was still alive, so he stopped his car, picked up the dog, and took him home with him. There he discovered that the dog had suffered a few minor cuts and abrasions, but was otherwise all right. He revived the dog, cleaned his wounds, then picked him up to take him to the garage, where he intended to provide a temporary bed for him.

As he carried the dog from his house to the garage, the dog wiggled free from his arms, jumped to the ground, and scampered off. “What an ungrateful dog!” the doctor exclaimed. He was glad that the little dog had recovered so quickly, but was a little miffed that the dog had shown so little appreciation for his expert and gentle care. The doctor thought no more of the incident until the next evening when he heard a scratching at his front door. When he opened the door there was the little dog he had treated. At its side was another hurt dog!

I believe there is a spiritual lesson in this story that can be applied to both you and me as well! The lesson is, we can be encouraged and know that those who hear the Gospel from us are never the same, even though we may not be the one to “see” the difference it has made in their lives, or the difference they have made in the lives of others! We may never hear a thank you or know if they were helped. I continually have to remind my self when readership is low that I work for God and not the people. He will take the seeds I plant and water as He sees fit. I pray that our spiritual attitude is like that of the Apostle Paul (1 Corinthians 3:5-9) and continue to teach and preach the Word when and where we are able (Mark 16:15; 2 Timothy 2:2; 2 Timothy 4:2) without expecting anything in return. I always hope, as with the little dog above, that a reader of these blogs will bring another wounded person to my doorstep!


Until next time,

-Pat-

2 comments:

  1. thank you, pat. I always hoped I made a difference in peoples lives, a difference for the better. however, since coming to the lord and giving God my will, it's more important to leave people something that will last through eternity, specifically the word of God that will point them in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete