Translate

6/3/20

I'll Be Your Eyes When You Cannot See


"I'll be your eyes when you cannot see." That is was what I whispered to my 11-year-old cat, Lucy, as she finally snuggled into my lap after a bit of hesitance and difficulty trying to jump up. With an ever-developing cataract, Lucy's perfect eyesight has been slowly diminishing. I thought about my promise to her and what it meant. When she is unable, I'LL BE THERE. When she can no longer see, I'LL BE THERE. When she needs my help, I'LL BE THERE. And if that isn't enough, then I'LL CARRY HER!
Lucy does not realize the devotion I have for her.

Oh, if we could only believe that about God!

When we haven't been able to see (the outcome of a situation), HE has been our eyes.
When we have been unable (to solve a problem), HE has been there to intercede.
When we have needed help (in any fashion), HE has been there to assist and solve.
And when we couldn't take one more step, HE has picked us up and carried us.
We do not realize God's devotion to us.

Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble"
Psalm 91:2 "This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him.
Isaiah 25:4 "You have been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat."
Jeremiah 16:19 "Oh Lord my strength and my stronghold, and my refuge in the day of distress."
Psalm 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?"

GOD IS WITH US ALWAYS, yet we fear. Why? "Where can we go from His Spirit? Or where can we flee from His presence?" asks the psalmist, David. He said if we ascend to heaven, God is there. If we make our bed in hell, behold He is there. If we dwell in the remotest part of the sea, God is there. We need to trust OUR REFUGE, OUR PLACE OF SAFETY, OUR SHELTER, especially now in these trying times ladened with distress, trouble, and storm. Take to heart this verse if the current volatile riots scare you. It's from Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for Him, fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices." We are not to be dismayed or worried about anything, including the current social unrest, racial tensions, rioting, looting, political divide, etc. In these times we can be tempted to feel like God has forgotten us. HE HAS NOT! Psalm 23:4 reminds us, "Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and Your staff protect and comfort me." God is living and He is among His people. Why are you anxious about what's happening? One of the promises of God I keep within my heart and mind is a verse from Isaiah 35, "Be strong, do not fear, your God will come, He will come with vengeance; with divine retribution. He will come to save you."

There is much controversy regarding the president of this country. People have claimed he was appointed by God for "a time such as this." Others foolishly claim he's the devil incarnate. I want to remind EVERYONE, both believers in Jesus Christ and those of other faiths. God told us in the Bible that He alone is in control, and so much so, that Donald J Trump could not be sitting in the oval office without his presidency being a part of God's eternal plan whether you like God's decision(s) or not. Why? Because nothing, absolutely NOTHING is outside of God's will! Times, seasons, situations, and circumstances are all allowed and destined to work toward the culmination of God's Kingdom purpose for this earth and every soul living on it. I am dismayed by the amount of "professing" Christians that curse our current president and fail to remember that David Himself in his second chapter, verse 21 clearly tells us that God raises up kings (rulers) and He also disposes of them. That includes presidents! We are in the midst of seismic conflict threatening not only American society but every government on earth involving good versus evil. So no matter whether you believe Donald Trump is a godly or evil president, your opinion matters not, he is president because he is supposed to be there, and as Christians, you should not only know this but acknowledge it. Time, seasons, situations, and circumstances are all allowed and destined to work toward advancing God's will. Even though we cannot currently see the outcome, GOD IS THERE. Don't forget that! Nothing surprises Him because everything is being orchestrated by Him. Despite man's free will, God still uses His wisdom to complete His work over centuries of time. Do not fear. Do not be anxious. Do not curse or regret the governmental powers that be. Trust God, for He is our eyes when we cannot see and He knows the future!

Until next time,
-Pat-


4 comments:

  1. He certainly does! When mankind thinks so vainly that we know it all, that our opinions and selfish ways are all that matter, God in His infinite wisdom, will scatter what is not of Him! He will not allow evil to prevail over His plan....even though to us, it seems He has. He is FOR us not AGAINST us!
    There is a lot of thought and wisdom in this blog, Pat. I pray others will read this and it will give them pause. Who are WE to hold our fists up against the plans of the Creator, the Holy One of Israel!!
    Blessings 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments are always written so well and they give pause for thought. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Yes, we need to pray for President Trump and all those in authority.

    ReplyDelete