-It's amazing how God will find a way to speak to you.-
LISTEN AND LET HIM SPEAK TO YOU TODAY
It's 2:05 a.m.
I'm wide awake in the dark talking to God from my hospital bed about having a limited income and things around me getting so much more expensive. I began questioning how much more can I withstand from greedy companies taking advantage of the sick, disabled, the elderly, etc. --or anybody for that matter. It seems the world has lost its marbles and covetousness has consumed them. I went on pleading my case reminding God it wasn't that I needed financial support so I could go attend a concert, go on vacation, indulge in some monetary adventure, purchase the latest clothing, or keep up with the Jones's. I simply needed an increase in funds to afford the ever growing physical needs required for a lifelong disability.
ln my spirit I HEARD A GENTLE VOICE. "May I ask you a question?"
I stopped dead in my tracks.
Me: Yes, Lord.(listening carefully)..
God said, "Why do you stress every time prices increase .. but forget Me every time I bring you through?
Me: I don't do that, Father!
God said, "Yes you do. You keep treating provision like luck instead of proof."
Me: (gasping) Oooh!
God said, "Didn't I make a way before?"
Me: You did.
God said, "Did funds come through to pay your hospital bill?
Me: They did.
God said, "Have groceries filled your cabinets each week?"
Me: Yes, God, they have.
God said, "Didn't doors open when you thought there was no way?"
Me: "Yeah. That's true. A miracle actually."
God said, "So why do you keep acting like this current season is bigger than Me?"
Me: God, I'm just tired. The world around me is collapsing. I can't stop the madness. It's everywhere.
God said, "No, you're not tired. You're fearful. You have more faith in your Social Security check being cut off than my ability to provide."
THAT HIT ME HARD!!
God continued, "You keep checking your bank balance more than you checking with me."
I chimed in, "BUT GOD, I have to make sure I have .." (He interrupted)
God said, "But nothing child, everytime you're allowing numbers and circumstances to steal your peace. But your security was never supposed to come from numbers. It was supposed to come from knowing who your Father is."
Me: I know. I do.
AND THEN HE SAID SOMETHING I WILL NEVER FORGET.
God said, "If I can feeds birds that don't work jobs, take care of flowers that don't pay bills, and sustain the earth itself, what makes you think I have forgotten you?
TEARS INSTANTLY FILLED MY EYES AND I SAID, " GOD I'M SORRY."
God said, "You keep asking for help while speaking lack over everything.
Me: "How do I do that?"
God said, "Because you're calling yourself needy every day. Stop talking defeat. Stop talking lack. STOP TALKING DISASTER. Your words have been agreeing with fear and doubt more than faith."
Me: I'm sorry, God.
THE LAST WORDS I HEARD IN MY SPIRIT WERE ..
GOD: "Let me tell you, you're not struggling because I abandoned you. You're in a season where I'm teaching you to trust me beyond what you can handle."
Me: "I believe that God. (I closed my eyes).
"OH, ONE MORE THING, said GOD ..
"Stop stressing over what I already promised to supply. If I say it's done, it's done."
Today I want to encourage believers that our Father "will supply all of your NEEDS according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19). Then David, in Psalm 37:25 assures us, "I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging for bread." It requires us to "be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him" (Psalm 46:10) I'm not implying that we, as believers, are exempt from hardships, but rather, God will not abandon or leave us to fend for ourselves in times of trouble." He has pulled through for me in my most difficult times. Being human. sometimes I let worry master my emotions when I know better. I hope this blog has reminded someone else that God will provide for those who faithfully follow Him.
Until HeComes,
-Pat-

No comments:
Post a Comment