Translate

8/14/26

Your God Is Manipulative

 

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save that which is lost.”

I was confronted the other day by someone questioning my Christian belief. The conversation went something like this...


I just can't believe in a GOD who would send me to hell just because I don't believe in Him.

I said, Why is that?

Because that's an ultimatium--believe in Jesus or go to hell. That sounds manipulative. That's your God! I can't get behind that.

Let me ask you something. If a building is already on fire and someone kicks the door open and says, 'Come out, this is the only way.' Is that an ultimatium or is it a rescue?

What do you mean?? 

Spiritually you were already going to hell. I was already going to hell. That's not God being cruel, that's humanity choosing sin. And that's justice. God does not send innocent people to hell. The fact is, there are no innocent people in hell. NONE. God's standard is perfection. Not better than your neighbor, not "mostly" good.. perfection. But it's found only and attained only through grace by belief in the sacrifice of Jesus. Let me ask you this. Have you ever told a lie? Have you ever lusted? Have you ever hated someone? Have you ever been pridefull?

Yes, who hasn't?

Well, then you are guilty. We all are. Just like you said, who hasn't? We're ALL guilty!

So you're telling me its believe or just burn?

No, it's GUILTY but RESCUE! You weren't standing on neutral ground and God came up and just shoved you toward the fire. You were ALREADY fallen. But He caught you before you hit the ground. See, Jesus didn't come to threaten you, He came take your sins upon Himself and release you of yours. The cross was not and is not an ultimatum, it was a substitution! Justice says, "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23) but Jesus is saying, "I'll pay it for you. 

But why make belief the condition?

Because love can't be forced. Salvation is not a hostage situation.  It's a gift. If someone pays your debt you still have to accept it. If you refuse it, the debt doesn't disappear. God IS NOT SAYING believe in Me or I'll torture you. He's saying  you're already dying. BUT I MADE A WAY. Take it. Hell is not proof God is cruel. The cross is proof that He's not.

(IF ANY READER IS WRESTLNG WITH THAT SAME QUESTION. IT MEANS THE DOOR IS STILL OPEN.)

Until He Comes,

-Pat-

No comments:

Post a Comment