Translate

7/29/26

When They Won't Listen ..

One of the hardest things about following Jesus is realizing some of the people you love the very most do not believe in Him nor do they want to. They plug their ears rejecting anything they "think" you might be getting ready to say even when you havent spoken a word yet. That creates a kind of tension many Christians struggle with deeply because you love them, you care about them, but you don't want to lose that relationship by sharing your faith. But at the same time you know that truth matters.

Alot of Christians stay silent because they're afraid. They're afraid  of the awkwardness. They're afraid of the rejection. A lot of times they're just afraid of losing the relationship. I understand that fear. I'VE BEEN THERE. I've had the hard conversations as well. I've lost friendships along the way too, I have even felt the harsh rejection of family members. But here's the question we have to wrestle with. If we truly believe that Jesus is the only way to Life, then HOW can we stay silent forever?

 It's like this, if my best friend was about to walk out into traffic without paying attention right in front of a semi, I would not whisper, "When you get a chance you might think about moving because a truck is coming." NO.  I would yell out with everything in me, "MOVE!! You're about to die!" You see, love warns. Love doesn't quietly watch destruction that's about to happen because it's afraid of making things uncomfortable, and yet people think warning someone spiritually is unloving. I disagree. I think the MOST UNLOVING thing that you could do would be to say nothing. But know .. I'm not talking about screamng at people, or acting self righteous. Nor do I mean treating unbelievers harshly or forcing coversations constantly. That isn't Christ-like. Jesus was full of both truth and grace. Not truth without love and not love without truth. He was both.

Sometimes truth will divide. Jesus already said following Him would even divide famlies! Not because Christians are supposed to become hateful but because truth confronts sin! People don't usually mind Jesus UNTIL repentence enters the conversation. UNTIL obedience enters the conversation. UNTIL their lifestyle gets challenged. Then suddenly things get uncomfortable. We need to remember this  .. WE cannot save people. GOD IS THE ONE THAT CHANGES HEARTS. Our responsibility is to love genuinely, speak truth faithfully, and never ever be ashamed of Christ- EVEN WHEN IT COSTS YOU SOMETHING.

One of the biggst lies today is the idea that love means never confronting sin. That is false. Real love warns. Real love tells the truth. Real love points people to Christ even when it feels uncomfortable. If Jesus is truly who He said  He was-the Way, theTruth, and the Life, hiding Him from peope is THE MOST UNLOVING thing  we can do.

Until He Comes,
-Pat-


 

No comments:

Post a Comment